HOW TO PREPARE FOR OUR VIRTUAL SELF-CARE RETREAT
A personal practice of self-care is an ongoing process of learning and investigation into ourselves and our experiences. By cultivating awareness of the body and our emotions through mindfulness, yoga, movement and spiritual guidance, we deepen our capacity to notice and hold ourselves and experiences with compassion and understanding.
Since you will be joining us from home, our presenters will create an online retreat container that is both sacred enough to hold your experience, and also flexible enough to meet our varied living circumstances.
We look forward to practicing with you soon.
Rachel Gonzalez, Retreat Lead & Co-host
SETTING UP YOUR HOME RETREAT
Carve out time and space for yourself. It is helpful to make as much space as you can for yourself to participate fully in our retreat. To the extent they are possible for you, we recommend the following to help you participate fully in the day.
- Let others in your home know your intention to participate without interruption.
- Clarify the household schedule & responsibilities with others if needed.
- Turn off or manage devices, messages, and notifications; but clarify with anyone who might need to be in touch for emergencies.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Prepare a meal or snacks ahead of time that you can snack on as needed.
- Bring a journal and pen for reflection periods.
- Download and print any materials for the retreat ahead of time.
- Set up an area for a seated practice in whatever posture is supportive to you (e.g. floor,cushion, chair) and a yoga mat for your yoga practice.
- Props/Prop Alternatives: Options to have for our Yin Yoga practice are: a yoga bolster or a firm pillow, yoga blankets (2-3) or a few beach towels. If you would like some guidance about setting up props that may support your posture and yin yoga practice, see this video: https://youtu.be/8rmn8z0XYJk
- For the Sound Bath it is best to use headphones which are helpful to experience the elements and tones of your sound bath. Another great option is a Bluetooth Speaker which can provide you with the most realistic sound in an open room.
- Options for the sound bath can be dimming lights, have soft & cozy blankets to lay on and to wrap yourself in, and flameless candles are also a nice touch. Use this time for self care.
ZOOM SETTINGS & INSTRUCTIONS
It is best for participants to download Zoom (Zoom Client for Meetings). When you join a Zoom meeting hosted by another user, you are considered an attendee. Please login to the retreat 5-10 minutes before to test and adjust your settings. The retreat will start promptly at the scheduled time. No one will be admitted 5 minutes after start time. If arriving late please put your audio settings on mute to avoid disruption of the opening activities. The retreat will not be recorded so please make arrangements to attend on time.
- Join a Meeting: Join a meeting by clicking on a Zoom link provided by the meeting host => follow the prompts to download and run Zoom => enter the meeting ID if prompted => click to join the audio conference. When you’re in the meeting, you may click on the Start Video button to start your video.
- Mute/Unmute & Audio Settings: You can mute and unmute your microphone. The host also has the ability to mute you. If you click on the arrow next to the mute button, you will have additional options for audio settings. You can change your microphone, leave the computer audio or access the audio options.
- Start/Stop Video & Video Settings: You can turn your camera on or off with the Start/Stop Video button. By clicking on the arrow next to the start/stop video button, you can change webcams, access your Zoom video settings, or select a virtual background (if enabled).
- Questions or Chat: Chat with individuals or everyone in the meeting. Click Chat to open up the chat window and chat with other participants or view chat messages. Select the drop down next to To: to change who you are chatting with.
- Video layout: At the upper right of the Zoom window, you can switch between active speaker view and gallery view. You can also switch between a shared screen and the video by clicking on a button available in this location during a screen share.
- Enter/Exit Full Screen: At the top right of the Zoom window, you can enter or exit full screen mode. You can also exit full screen by clicking Esc.
- Pin Video: Pin video makes a user the primary speaker for you, instead of switching between the active speaker video. You can pin a video by right-clicking on the video of the person you want to pin or double click on their video window.
- Leave Meeting: You can leave the meeting at any time by clicking on the Leave Meeting option at the lower right corner of the Zoom window.
- For More Information Contact:
- Technical Support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-Technical-Support
- Zoom Help Center: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-usGetting Started: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697-
- Getting-Started Tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/201740096-
- Training Mobile: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200305413-Mobile
Creating a Safe Retreat.
One of the most important aspects of our retreat is creating a safe space for all to share by offering clear agreements that support openness, connection, and positive interactions. As a participant you are agreeing to practice these agreements during our retreat.
Please carefully read all the terms and conditions of our retreat detailed below. For and in consideration for being permitted to participate in the Renew & Awaken Self-Care Virtual Retreat that you have selected (hereinafter the “Retreat” as defined herein), you understand and agree to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. To attend the Retreat you will have to sign a digital waiver prior to being admitted.
Click the button below to be redirected to our online retreat digital waiver. Read and sign the digital waiver at least 24 hours prior to our retreat. A waiver is needed to attend our retreat.
- Our cancellation policy is strict and firm. Cancellations prior to March 31, 2021 will be 100% refundable (minus any Eventbrite fees). Cancellations on or before April 4, 2021: The remainder of your payment will be refunded to you minus the cancellation fee of $25 + any Eventbrite fees). Any cancellations made after April 5, 2021, is 100% non-refundable and non-changeable but may be transferable to another party for this event only.
- In the event of cancellation by our presenters, you will be refunded your entire payment. There is a minimum attendance for this retreat of at least 6 participants. If we are under this amount the retreat may be cancelled or rescheduled.
- Waivers & Release Agreements for Yoga and Other Activities:
- You agree that you are solely responsible for your own health and safety at all times during the Renew & Awaken Virtual Self-Care Retreat with Rachel Gonzalez, Sama Tree/Annaliese, Creatively Intuitive/Kim Satter-Ramos/Mindi Sheer, Dance Ecology. Neither the facilitators/presenters, their employees, nor any of their assistants, shall be held liable for any injury related to this Retreat. You agree to assume all risks associated with the program in any and all way. Furthermore, you also agree to inform the appropriate person(s) of any movements, activities that you feel may injure yourself and you will not perform any activity or movement, or engage in any treatment which you feel is likely to cause any injury to yourself. You will inform the teachers, presenters and/or assistants of any limitations or medical conditions that may affect your practice. You agree to treat my body with patience, compassion and respect during my practice. You understand that you can stop and rest anytime.
- Your participation indicates that you release Rachel Gonzalez, Sama Tree/Annaliese, Creatively Intuitive/Kim Satter-Ramos/Mindi Sheer, Dance Ecology, their assistants, from all liability for any injuries sustained as a result of your participation.
- The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the Retreat and agrees that no liability will attach to the Retreat Organizer/Presenters/Teachers, their employees or agents, or to any member of the retreat in respect of death, personal injury, illness, or for any loss of or damage to the property of the participant during the course of the Retreat.
- It is Rachel Gonzalez, Sama Tree/Annaliese, Creatively Intuitive/Kim Satter-Ramos/Mindi Sheer, Dance Ecology, intention to ensure that all participants have a safe and positive experience. Participants are expected to behave in an orderly and socially acceptable manner during the retreat/event. Rachel Gonzalez/Annaliese, Creatively Intuitive/Kim Satter-Ramos/Mindi Sheer and their assistants reserve the right to remove any participant from the retreat/event if they behave in a manner unreasonable or disruptive towards the well being of other participants or the presenters/teachers with no refund, exchange, or credit.