Serenity: a quality of being peaceful & calm.
If you are finding yourself a little anxious or stressed out more than normal during this holiday season then you may need some time for self-care. It’s easy to get swept away with the end of the year activities and holiday planning that we don’t take time out for ourselves. How can we find serenity during this time of the year so we can be more present and enjoy the season? Here is my top 5 go to list that you can practice daily:
- Find some time to be alone in silence: Finding time in solitude even 10 minutes a day is helpful. I love going to my room, closing the door, turning off the lights and having the window open to have the natural light fill my room. I sit for a few moments in silence.
- Meditate: While in this time alone try mediating for a minimum of 5-10 minutes (stay longer if you have the time).
- Breathe: Take breaks during your day to take a few deep breaths in/out of your nose to renew the body and mind.
- Let things go: During the holiday season we can get emotional and sometimes have less patience with ourselves and others. Practice forgiveness and let things go that do not serve you. Hanging on to feelings and resentment doesn’t help anyone and it definitely doesn’t connect you with your higher self. Let it go!
- Practice gratitude: There are so many things to be grateful for in this life. When we practice gratitude it makes things in life a little lighter. It gives us space to honor who we are and what we have; it also puts things in perspective of what’s really important in life.
I hope you try to remember to take some time out for yourself this holiday season. There is only one you and how you feel is important- honor you!
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season full of light & serenity!